GEWI Sp. z o.o. is an electricity trading company focused on trading renewable energy. Our main goal is to support the energy transformation in Poland by offering tailored and innovative solutions for RES facilities. Our customers come first – we are flexible and understand the importance of adapting to our customers’ needs. Thanks to combined expertise and support of our parent companies, we are able to offer our clients with high quality, tailored and flexible solutions in the area of electricity trading, facility design, as well as in technical and commercial management.
We are seeking an Energy Market Analyst to join our rapidly growing, dynamic, and innovative energy company. The individual should have analytical thinking skills and be detail oriented. This role is part of a team that performs analysis, research and data modeling subjects that have key implications for GEWI growth. It is a key position in facilitating understanding of energy market fundamentals. As an Energy Market Analyst you will:
- Conduct operational analyses and provide findings and recommendations.
- Forecast power prices, grid conditions, and power plant output using sophisticated models.
- Support development of analytical methods, models, and tools. Such as tools needed to obtain and analyze wholesale power market, weather, production, and grid data.
- Support planning and design of wholesale electricity agreements such as cPPA contracts.
- Support trading operations related to Day Ahead Market, XBID, OTC Futures, etc.
- Develop tools, models, and algorithms related to trading on Day Ahead Market, XBID and OTF.
- Actively place orders on power exchange and create trading strategies.
- Degree in Economics, Data Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or other analytical fields (or equivalent work experience).
- At least 1-2 years of experience in data reporting or analytics.
- General understanding of energy markets, and related regulatory affairs (or willingness to learn).
- Solid proficiency in advanced Microsoft Excel modeling.
- At least basic programming skills in Python.
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret complex quantitative data.
- Familiarity with VBA and SQL will be an advantage.
- Ability to think analytically and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Strong attention to details.
- Fluency in Polish language, as well as good oral and writing skills in English (level B2).
- Knowledge of German language will be an advantage.
- Competitive salary based on employment contract.
- Flexible schedule with remote work options.
- Professional development assistance.
- Internal and external professional trainings.
- Informal and international work culture.
- Meaningful work opportunities, and attractive career development possibilities.